best sound System

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by millcitysboy606, Dec 1, 2008.

1. 83SR5LB

83SR5LB Member

Truck:
    83 SR5 LB 2x
    Nice stuff here!
    Since the budget is low to no, what's the thought's on a 4" set in the stock door panels and a hu in the oe dash that was previously hacked, the doof cut out the dual shaft oe openings instead of adjusting the shafts on a clarion tape deck and trimmed the lower right corner on a fp, (I realize the oe functions were reversed in the '83).
    I don't need a thumper, just an am/fm and old ears stuff low volume, won't use a tape deck much but want the radio funtional as my old one is erratic.
    Any thoughts are appreciated besides some peel and stick which will probably go in.
    Looked at ebay and saw a few dual shaft old school types.
    Yeah, I know "lo tech", but so am I lol

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  2. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    Here's my audio setup, it consists of....

Alpine IVA-W900 head unit
    Rockford P400-2 2-ch amp
    Rockford P500-1bd mono amp
    JL Audio XR-650CSi 6.5" components
    JL Audio 10W3v2-D4 (2) 10" subs
    Optima redtop
    Stinger wiring

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Pillars...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Doors (not done)...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Back wall...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Inside sub box...
    [​IMG]
    Outside...
    [​IMG]
    And the Dynamat...the doors are done on the inside as well
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I noticed afterward that this is the 84-88 section, but there ya go anyway. :lol:

3. Forsakenmike3000

Forsakenmike3000 Newbie

Truck:
    1987 Reg cab, 22r 4 speed.
    i was thinking about doing that to my truck as well. the Blow through box. Have any advice on the subject?

For now i just have my dvd player. some **** sony 6x9s in boxes behind the seat. with an audiobahn amp on them. and a 2600 watt 12 in the back under my bed cover. and a 1900 watt kenwood amp on that. just a temp, setup. wires run through the rear window. haha. i install the audio for a living so driving around without bass is not possible. so i packed in some free stuff i had around and thats where im at.

oh and the hanging wireds were not tucked yet. i dont keep it that way haha.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. nvrenufedge

nvrenufedge Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    bagged '93 std cab
    Take your time and do it right. Don't waste the time or money if you're only gonna run one sub. If you're having a shop do it be prepared to lay down some cash, they start around $1000 here, without subs. And make sure you wanna do it.

I love mine! It sounds great at all volumes, but really pounds when I want it.

5. Forsakenmike3000

Forsakenmike3000 Newbie

Truck:
    1987 Reg cab, 22r 4 speed.
    I wouldnt be going to a shop to get it done. Im an audio dealer. And my one subs only a temp. Im going to be running two.

how much space is between your box and the wall? and do you ever have the option to remove your bed now?

6. 88'BigIslandToy

88'BigIslandToy Newbie

Truck:
    88' 2wd Single Cab.
    I'm running 2 infinity reference 860w 1000watt 8"s in bazooka tubes powered by a 1000watt sony explod amp(it was free.lol) with a 3 way crossfire crossover. Also running type r 6x9s & 4s in the dash with alpine head unit, **** hits pretty hard. Very impressed with the infinitys.

7. mazdaman_573

mazdaman_573 Member

Well I dnt got much but it makes my head feel funny,lol I got one jl w7 10 w a 900 watt amp,in my explorer, but I tnk ima bulid a box for the yota, or maybe a blow thur.idk

8. jeremystephens

jeremystephens Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 xcab
    well mine is 4 memphis m3 10s and two mclass 1000's... memphis components in the door and an old premier head unit for now

Attached Files:

9. LowYota85

LowYota85 Newbie

Truck:
    85 long bed
    I have a ten inch rockford a twelve inch alpine both old school like 150wrms ha those are pushed now by an old jensen 220w 2ch i have kenwood 6.5 components mids in the kick 80wrms being pushed by a 150w sony again very old and i have an old sony head with 4v 6ch outs from 2001 one with the grachics that move. i plan on a 2-3 12 blowthru my old setup was an mtx thunder 6304 4 ch 650w rms to a coustic 12 inverted in a truck box between the seats with quantum components

10. 808yotskies

808yotskies Enthusiast

JL 10w7 in ho box and a JL 750/1.
    This Set up used to slam, set alarms off an all.
    but to bad i got a ticket, there goes my sounds.

Attached Files:

11. LowYota85

LowYota85 Newbie

Truck:
    85 long bed
    I now have an old jvc comp head still looking to upgrade... also recently acquired 2 10" sundown audio z series with a kenwood excelon x801d going to build a blowthre got my pland set up and need 130 to finish it hopefully soon :)

12. MIJ87

MIJ87 Newbie

It doesn't matter what you have building a system is like building a fast engine if the components don't match together you have a bunch of over priced junk that sounds like crap period..... I've seen 1000 dollar stereo system put a 5000 dollar system to shame its all in how you design it and knowing what components work best with what.... I have been building systems since I was 12 years old with my uncle at his shop and im 37 now.....so bottom line is you can throw all the money in the world at your system but it dont amount to crap if you dont know what your doing.......