Best air ride for the $..?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by LAYNLOW, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    With my 1/2" lines, I can hop if I pull the shocks off. I thought it would be cool, but it's not (for a daily driver). Things break.

LAYNLOW likes this.
  2. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Yea im thinkn 3/8s or 1/4 haha

3. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    This is one of my 4 manifolds I made up, & consist of : 2 3/8'' Asco nickel plated valves,a check valve on the inlet side , a adjustable muffler ( slow down ) on the outlet side. Works very well, easy to remove if need to replace parts or clean valves if needed! WP_20150807_001.jpg

LAYNLOW likes this.
  4. Litneon

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    This is all four manifolds if you choose to go this route. Much simpler, less chance of leaks, much more compact. Just add a switchbox.

SV-8C-9.jpg

LAYNLOW likes this.
  5. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Thats what id like to have...more line,less places to have leaks, slow ( but not too slow) up n down. How loud r the compressors? Do they make anykind of silencer type deal for them? I seen a few ppl put them n the cabs behind the seat...im going to put mine in the bed.

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Compressors can be loud and annoying but its part of the game. When i had my okd xB bagged i had 1 Air Zenith compressor in the spare tire well. It was muffled by the false floor but you could definitely hear it. Just make sure you mount them in some sturdy metal and it wont vibrate as much. Either way they have rubber isolators at the mounts but still

LAYNLOW likes this.
  7. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Problem with the all in one manifolds is harder to if can be done at all to use check valves!

LAYNLOW likes this.
  8. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Putting a bed cover on isn't going to effect the compressor any is it? When i get my truck off the road I'm stripping it down and insulating the cab. I thought about getting some 1/4" insulation we use at for our duct work n wrap the inside of the bed and the bed cover.cut down on noise. .maybe even build a box around the compressor,? Idk yet..can i enclose the compressors in a seperate smaller box or will it starve the compressor for air?

9. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Dont worry too much about thw compressor noise right now. Get everything going and if its too loud when is all said and done then fine a way to shit things up.

LAYNLOW likes this.
  10. Litneon

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    I don't run check valves. I've often contemplated adding them, but can't think of a definite reason that they are needed. Most bagged vehicles do not run them.

But if you wanted to, you'd only need one check valve between the tank and the valve block.

Yes, compressors can be noisy, but as previously stated, it's part of the game.

Using one large compressor will make it somewhat better as you won't have resonant vibrations from the different compressor speeds.

LAYNLOW likes this.
  11. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    You can always run nitrogen but youll probably get tired of going and getting the tank filled. But you wont need to deal with any compressors

LAYNLOW likes this.
  12. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Hmph...didnt know u could do that. How much nitrogen cost? Im gonna start ordering parts next week ( payday :)) gonna start with the compressor, then bags then lines then valves etc etc..littlebit at a time...then when its time ill have everything i need...hopefully...whats a good size compressor for the setup i wanna do?

13. Litneon

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    I run a single Air Zenith OB2. A bit pricey, but reliable as the sunrise. 100% duty cycle at 200 psi. Last I checked no one else has that good of duty cycle. It's equivalent to (I think) two of the Viair 480c's.

jetas and LAYNLOW like this.
  14. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    I THINK i seen that when i was browsing..i dot want to spend an over the top price but at the same time im not gonna buy junk. I know everyone has THEIR brand they like n size so everyones ideas r helpful to me. When i actually sit down n get ready to order stuff ill snapshot pics n see what yall think. Thanks everyone for the help! If there is anything else i should get or do, little tips tricks whatever f plz lmk.. lol

15. TRUCK ACTION

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Compressors of any type in the cab not a good idea, nose .yes & they get very hot so heat build up will be high!!
    Due insulate the whole cab ,even with no compressors, Dynamat or FatMat are the best two , I used FatMat!

LAYNLOW likes this.
  16. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    Thanks truck. Yea im def not going behind the cab haha