Bench Seat

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by CJ Toyotarosa, Feb 7, 2013.

1. CJ Toyotarosa

CJ Toyotarosa Newbie

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xcab 2wd
    I have bucket seats that came in my truck, I was think of changing it to a bench, what do you guys think? My bucket seats have been redone, like new. I would have to redo this bench seat as well. 2013-02-04 18.56.17.jpg

2. AGUILAR3

AGUILAR3 Veteran

Not too familiar with the 60/40 bench you have there but is it a 3 person seat?

I love the buckets in my Impala and Tahoe but I also love the bench on my VW bus. If you don't mind keeping it a 2 seater, buckets are for you. If its your only daily, a bench will always come in handy.

I took a trip to long beach a few days ago and I usually take the Tahoe or my sons 2002 Accord on the 30 min trip to their moms house. Since I had to take a bbq grill with us, I went ahead and loaded up the grill on to the Truck. Surprisingly enough, we were pretty comfortable considering it was 2 teenagers (15/18) and myself (200lbs)

3. Scomber

Scomber Enthusiast

I switched from ripped up buckets to a good bench. I guess I miss the little bit of storage space between the seats, but the bench is very comfortable. I'm a wide shouldered guy, and I don't like side bolsters squeezing my back. Since I've got a 5 speed, I don't think a third passenger would fit well, but if all you had to do was shift into drive...