battery problem

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Christian Escobar, Dec 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Christian Escobar

Christian Escobar Member

So i just bought myself a mini and I got the battery checked and it came out to be a bad battery, is there any battery. any brand recommendation? I'm planning to install a sound system in the near future, is that something i should consider when buying a new battery?

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Always have run Die Hards in all our vehicles, in my truck I run a Optima Yellow Tops ,a deep cycle battery.
    Put went to a Odyssey PC1500/34, deep cycle/start, has the Optima kept dropping voltage!
    Came to learn that if they go below 10 volts don't recharge unless put on a long slow low volt recharge
    The Odyssey has been problem free. I run a GMsi12 160 amp alternator & have a 1000amp system, air ride with 2 compressors & true HID head lights. No problems what so ever!!

3. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    ditto to die hard batteries

4. fred heath

fred heath Addict

Truck:
    1978 Toyota Galavan Motorhome.
    If you plan to keep your original charging system you could add a battery isolater along with a second battery under the hood.
    Run your stereo off the second battery. This way the primary battery is used for normal operations. No danger of draining it running accessories with the engine shut off.
    I've had very good luck with Everstart MAX batteries sold at Walmart. The solenoid type isolater can be purchased for about $25.00.

As far as diehard batteries go, they are good, but Sears may be going bankrupt. If they do, there goes your warrantee. You could buy a Duralast battery at AutoZone which is a diehard battery under a different name.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016