Bagging?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by AZN_Pride, Oct 18, 2007.

1. AZN_Pride

AZN_Pride Member

Truck:
    93 Reg. P/U
    I am thinking about bagging the Yota, but I want to do it myself to save money. I know I need the 4 link and the 2" drop spindles, but I don't know what needs to be done or what sort of fabrication I will need to do besides cutting the wheel wells and the bed. I NEED HELP AND ADVICE!

2. ChOpPeD~N~DROPped

ChOpPeD~N~DROPped Enthusiast

Truck:
    94 Extended cab
    you're gonna have to weld the bag brackets on in the front, relocate everything thats on your wheel wells somewhere else, get a new tranny crossmember, relocate your gas tank, c-notch the frame, and weld the 4 link up. Then run all of your airlines, wire up your valves, find a place for your tank and compressors, run air line to your guages, oh and put on your bags, haha, I'm sure I'm leaving something out:)

3. Litneon

Litneon Super Moderator Staff Member

Truck:
    94 xtra cab
    I know all the flack that they get, but you could consider a reverse 4-link which will make the rear setup somewhat easier. http://candospecialties.com is a good source for parts.....

4. Darrin87

Darrin87 Member

Truck:
    87 xcab long bed 22r
    Check out suicidedoors.com they got some great stuff also gravity werks both of them should be able to help, also up front on your suspension cut off the bump stops and you will have to plate the hole that shows up behind them. Dont forget shock mounts too.

5. AZN_Pride

AZN_Pride Member

Truck:
    93 Reg. P/U
    Crap. It seems like it is harder than what I thought. I knew it was a lot of work but not that much.

6. baggedminiz

baggedminiz Newbie

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Pickup Sport
    All in all, it seems like a lot of work, but when its done, its well worth it... Ride is SO much better its not even funny. here's what i went with on mine on suicidedoors.com

1/2" starter kit, Includes:

- Air lines 1/2" & 1/4" for gauges
    - 380 or a 450 VIAIR Compressor (I chose the 380 b/c i have had friends run them for long periods of time continuously and not have a problem with them)
    - 1/2" SMC Valves
    - 2 Dual needle gauges(for your 4 bags)
    - 1 Single Needle (Pressure in tank)
    - Relay for compressor and pressure switch
    - Pressure switch
    - switchbox (i upgraded and got the 7 switch toggle box tho)

The 1/2" Kit is only about $730. Now they make a 3/8" kit too, this is cheaper. You'll notice, gettin into air ride, that your Valves are probably going to run your bank account because you need at the least 4, but this kit provides 8.

After this, i bought my bags 2 2b5's(2 2500lb bags for the front) and 2 2b6's(2 2600lb bags for the rear) obviously 2500lb bags are smaller than the 26s. that ran me about $280 cuz SD.com has a special on them.

After than, i bought my Torsion bar kit and my notches, that ran about $200.

now, for you being new to the minitruckin/baggin thing, i suggest you find the easiest 4-link you can. It also depends on what kind of lift you want too. if you want just enough lift to get ur fenders just above the tire in the rear, then you should do what is called a "bag-over-Axle" this is pretty self explanitory, there is where you weld in ur notches, weld a bracket to it and another to the axle below where ur bag is bolted in. This is an easy traditional way to do it.

BUT! if you feel that 5-6" of lift really isn't enough, i suggest this kit: http://www.suicidedoors.com/SuperLiftTriangulated4-LinkKit.php

This kit is called a "Bag over Link". also self explanitory, but the bag is mounted to the link bar. Depending where you mount the bag on the link bar is how much lift you will get. If you mount it in the middle, you will get about the same 5-6", but if you mount it more away from the axle, the more lift you will get.

sorry i rambled, lol... just trying to be informative, and i love minitruckin :D can't help myself
    -

7. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    You dont have to relocate your gas tank. You just have to raise it a bit. I think i raised mine like a 1/2'' and it clears just fine! I would go with Steve's reverse cantilever 4-link, check out his site www.candospecialties.com. I have one on my truck and i have put many miles on it with no problems. I just bought another one from steve to put on the 4runner im building.

8. badcoma

badcoma Newbie

Truck:
    2000 toyoya tacoma, 90 toyota 4 runner
    yea bagging a truck seems like alot of work but in reality a good fab guy with a little help can do it in a weekend