Alternator wiring schematics

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by B.Y.E., Apr 20, 2011.

1. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Help!

Need to know what color wires are on the terminal that plugs into the back of the alternator according to the "letters" on the alternator body... I had to splice mine when I replaced the alternator because the replacement i got from Autozone didnt have the same style terminal... I just made sure that I followed the correct colored wire to the correct "lettered" terminal behind the alternator...

A friend of mine was helping me pull the motor when I sold it and he just unplugged it... My fault I forgot to tell him to mark it... I did write it down somewhere but, I cant find that gawt damn paper... :brickknock:

shoootz!

2. Nook

Nook Addict

BYE, On my schematic it shows 3 different alternators in 82, ,,,
    3 wire with external mechanical regulator
    white=B
    blue =N
    black=E
    4 wire external electronic regulator
    yellow=L
    black=E
    green=F
    white=B
    3 wire internal regulator
    white=B
    yellow=L
    red=ign
    choose the one you like :)

3. jackash002

jackash002 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1982 2wd p/u, 1983 toyota trailblazer, 1982 toyota truggy (next, just a cab/frame now)
    might have to get the right alternator, depending on what you got vs. your truck is wired for. i know i couldn't use my round style plug alternator or external regulator on my oval plug alternator or voltage regulator, whatever it is, unless you re-wired and switched everything..but then you should just do GM alt. :D my.02 sorry i didn't add any tech

4. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Thanks Nook! Option "B" sounds familiar... :cool:

J2- I do have the right alternator, just not the right plug as there were some variances... I have no clue regarding the GM alt and really not all that interested since this alt is on lifetime warranty! :waytogo:

5. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    lol u and your dam VATOZONE warranties haha!

6. jackash002

jackash002 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1982 2wd p/u, 1983 toyota trailblazer, 1982 toyota truggy (next, just a cab/frame now)
    rock on.. i thought i had a lifetime warranty( before i went GM alt. )and a year n a half after install when i killed the alternator from unknown issues.. i went to return with my phone number they ask for to do warranty.. and those a*holes said it only stays in system for a year and then you have to have the receipt, WTF ... so lesson learned, orielly is the parts store that keeps number and secondly, upgrade whenever possible :D or keep receipts :waytogo:

7. B.Y.E.

B.Y.E. Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1982 2wd Hilux
    Thats right holmes! I haven't bought another starter, alt, distributor cap, rotor, wires, brake pads, etc for my truck or my wifes car since we moved here... Can't beat that essay! :evil:

Sorry to hear bout that... So far so good for me, guess I've been lucky... *knocks on wood* :waytogo:

8. 22R_All_Motor!

22R_All_Motor! Addict

Truck:
    84 pickup
    lol!