Aftermarket T-Bars?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Pickup, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Pickup

Pickup Newbie

Truck in question is a 94 reg cab base. 22RE.
    I lowered her cheaply with a t-bar crank down and flipped the bjs, along with 2in blocks in the back.
    Since I've been driving her again, I've gotten old and don't like the rough ride. I raised her back up 1.5 inches in the front via the T-Bars. And the ride improved, So I believe my t-bars do still function, although a bit rusty. I have purchased DJM control arms and will soon install along with a bit of other things (poly bushings, tie rods, bjs, etc...)
    I understand the control arms really only give me 2in, and the bj flip about 1.5. I'll tinker with the t-bars, but only for adjustment.

Are sway away, or EMU t-bars necessary?
    Do you have them, how did they affect the ride?

As for the rear I was originally planning on pulling a leaf to level and soften a bit, but I've got the "gas tank lean" and haven't found a place that can re bend for me. So I was thinking about the Street edge 3in drop leafs. I'd like to keep the 2in blocks there, but I understand that will put me at the limit as far as clearance issues. I don't know exactly what needs to be notched if so.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    1 ton T bars

3. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    As for street edge 3" leafs...i have those on mine along with 4" blocks. I also have airshocks in the back. Didnt have to notch. Although that could be different if youre not going to have air shocks. Ride quality is good though

4. Pickup

Pickup Newbie

What air shocks do you have?

And thanks jetas

5. LAYNLOW

LAYNLOW Veteran

Truck:
    93 Toyota Pickup 2wd
    In not sure honestly. They were on there when i got the truck