After market intake manifold???

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by skip, Nov 19, 2007.

1. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    I was looking on summitracing.com and I saw that they carry an Offenhauser dual port intake manifold for the 22R. I have never seen after market intake manifolds for the 22R so does anyone have any experience with these or any other after market intake manifolds? they say it increases power 15-30% if that's true I am very interested in this.

2. Darrin87

Darrin87 Member

Truck:
    87 xcab long bed 22r
    Check out www.lcengineering.com they sell the offie dual plane and a single plane intake as well. I heard they are very good but ask those guys at LC they will point you in the right direction.

3. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    I never new they carried them. thanks for pointing that out, ill hit them up. in the mean time if anyone has any experence with these let me know

4. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    i got the offy dual plane w/ a weber 32/36 in my wheeler.

LOTS of low end grunt and a lil more wind up top. before with just a 32/36 on the stock intake i could "chirp" 33in mudders. now i can powerbrake and do as good of smoke shows as my celica can.

highly recomended :cool:

i found it used and only paid $100 for the intake and carb, just had to fix a few threads
    [​IMG]

if you dont have emissions to worry about id also look into a sidedraft. butt dyno 2007 says i gained close to 50% extra power in my celica. or burning rubber through 3rd. i only have the single sidedraft and a stock motor (20r) but it keeps up just fine with my friends built 22re running mega squirt

Last edited: Nov 21, 2007
  5. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    I have to worry about emissions. how did the weber 32/36 effect your gas milage? and what is the stock carb that came on the 22r?

6. ShoNuff

ShoNuff Toyotaholic

Truck:
    75 hilux, 80 4x4
    the offy i got had all the ports for the egr and other junk, i dont have to worry so i made some block off plates.

gas miliage if anything got better kinda hard to tell as the truck spends most of its life @ idle or wot but either way its only doing 5mph in the dirt.

stock carb should be a asain (sp?) 32/34 electronic idle solinoid, vacume secondarys, 4.5 miles of vac lines. in other words...crap and prone to malfunction. cleaning out all your vacume ports and using fresh hoses can make a world of difference in the carb. it shoul bolt right up to the offy intake no prob

you can get the weber 32/36 with all the vac ports to run the stock emissions stuff to pass smog checks and still be legal

7. Guam_Guy

Guam_Guy Enthusiast

Truck:
    1994 Toy in the Project phase!
    I had a Offy intake which allowed me to mount a Holley 4 barrel. Had to run a seriously wild cam though. Offy manifolds are great and are getting very rare now a days