Acura RSX Type S Seats

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by ResidentG33k, Apr 22, 2012.

1. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    I have a friend who is giving me a set of Acura RSX Type S pair of seats. I wanted to know if anyone put seats like this in your truck or if they'd fit my Single Cab pickup? They're pretty sick seats, just dunno if they'd fit my truck or if they'd be too tall. I'll have to modify the seat rails for sure. The seats even have pockets in the back I could put **** in. :)

The seats look like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They're just tan in color... Later on I could get them reupholstered.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2012
  2. 85pickamatruck

85pickamatruck Veteran

Truck:
    85' Base
    Shouldn't be too tall. You don't ever look directly behind your head. As long as they don't hit the roof you should be fine. I've been looking to buy the same seats so get them in and post pictures up.

3. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    For sure man. I gotta find specs on how tall they are and how wide so I can figure out spacing too! I wanna put like an Expedition or F150 Cup Holder/Center Console in or just something large enough for my arm and storage underneath. I think they wont sit tall because in my friends car they sat low. They also have lumbar support and you can adjust where your butt sits how high or how low you sit (Tilt?)

4. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    The only thing I wonder about is they have Side Airbags. I dunno if they can be removed safely without exploding or if theres a safe way to have them explode and put the cover back on.

5. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    Update: I measured the seats they came out to 42" in height with the seat rails... I will have to cut the seat rail bracket for sure. I saw on another forum someone cut down the rails a lot to get it to fit in their car. Ill have to recline the seat a little bit to get it to fit just right. I may sell the seats if I cant get them to fit... I also gotta fogure out what center console ill use that will match the seats. Since the seats are beige. Also the width has me worried. Although I havent measured the width yet, I looked how much room there is between the door and the hump. Any ideas?

6. ResidentG33k

ResidentG33k Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' 22R 2WD Single Cab
    So much for that, the seats won't fit because they're too wide and would hit the hump in the middle .___. damn