93 lowering ?s

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by moneyhungry, Feb 3, 2008.

1. moneyhungry

moneyhungry Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Yoda.
    im about to lower my truck. im going to be using be using belltech lowering spindles. i've used toxic drop shocks in the past and they were ok, i was wondering what would be the best shocks for the truck? also what steering stabilizer would you use. im going to be dring this daily until the summer till i can buy an 08 tacoma prerunner. where would be the best place for me to get these parts. also what would be the best way to lower the rear end? ive only used flip kits before. are blocks going to be ok? i've heard horror stories about them.

2. moneyhungry

moneyhungry Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Yoda.
    any info would be great. i need to get these parts ordered quit. thanks guys.

3. lownloud

lownloud Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1987 Toyota 2wd JT4RN50 Airbagged custom
    a lil help . . .

Hello ! I have used toxic shocks twice, once on my current truck ( 2 front and 2 back ), and on my friends ride. I really dont have any arguments or complaints on them ! I also, have a inexpensive Monroe steering stabilzer from Napa ( my lowest price 33 $ ) " Does the job - no complaints ". I have on my 87' currently a 3" Belltech drop block set, once again, absolutely no complaints, and never have experienced any problems, just re-torque accordingly to manufacturers specs ( which I think are 20 miles / 200 miles / 2000 miles ) I only lost 3 -4 lbs of torque on 2 nuts after 20 miles, and nothing at my 200 mile check, and havent reached my 2,000 yet ! I also, replaced the two outer wheel bearing seals and bearings at time of install ( didnt have to but, better to be safe, its all aparts anyways ". As for people stating complaints, I would " assume " people either dont like the " new ride " or they install incorrectly, abuse, or dont check torque at intervals ( as recommended ). Also, sadly enough Ive seen people running " stack blocks " ( two sets ) especially with " some " 4 x 4's. Ive also helped swap out stock springs with 3" Belltech drop springs on a 94' with a 1" block and a set of pinion angle shims. He still drives it daily and LOVES it ! I will be doing a " similar " setup on mine in the spring. There are SO MANY sites you can order these items from. Just type in search and get a pad and paper and compare prices ! I ordered 3" drop blocks from Summitracing.com and got em in 3 days, I ordered spindles from Streetbeatcustoms.com and it took three unfortunate weeks due to their screw-up, the shocks were also from Streetbeatcustoms.com and I had those in 4 days! My suggestion stands at not just ordering online but, actually calling the company your thinking of dealing with and making sure they have them " IN STOCK , ready to ship " ! Good Luck !

L o w N l o u d

:D

4. skip

skip Enthusiast

Truck:
    1992 std cab, 1986 std cab
    ya blocks are ok in the rear but make sure you get STEEL blocks. cast and aluminum blocks crack and thats never any fun!

5. TSA15

TSA15 Member

I got aluminum ones because I was told that steel shattered in the cold.

6. moneyhungry

moneyhungry Enthusiast

Truck:
    93 Yoda.
    thanks for the info guys. i should have my parts ordered later on this week if everything works out.