86 Yota 2wd s.b. chevy mounts??? need a definate fits!!!

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by Stangbanger1971, Jan 13, 2016.

1. Stangbanger1971

Stangbanger1971 Member

I'm swapping a 1986 2wd shortbed. I've got all the parts other then mounts,radiator,and driveshaft. I need to know what mounts work for a 2wd and what headers. I have found no one that gives a definite answer... I found these mounts that look to work but who makes them??

Attached Files:

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
  3. Stangbanger1971

Stangbanger1971 Member

Thats what I was thinking... I'm hoping these are those as there looks to be some clearance for headers. My buddy has 2 Buick t type/g.n. turbos he'll donate to the project. Their pretty small but think they'll be fine on a stockish 350. That route might help as I can flip stock manifolds to front for turbo placement. Should be capable of 450+ hp which is plenty for this light truck. In that case I'd mount the radiator in the bed for extra weight/cooling as the intercooler would eat up space.

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    The only concern i have with those is that somewhere in theyre site it says a suspension and body lift are ideal for clearance. And seeing "off road" in the name its obviously more for 4x4. So the engine might not sit as low as you probably want/need it to.

5. Stangbanger1971

Stangbanger1971 Member

Thats what I'm worried about. Wish someone that has done this swap would let me know. I know theres plenty that were built...might just go to a front motor plate but then I need a midplate also...

6. White Trash

White Trash Toyotaholic

Truck:
    89 auto cross beater
    I wouldn't buy a postage stamp from nwor. Google their customer service skills.

They say a body lift is needed because the mounts put the engine up high in the bay and the bellhousing on the gm engine won't fit without reworking the tunnel or having a body lift.

They say a suspension lift is necessary on 4x4 because the front differential is in the way of the oil pan. 2wd doesn't have these issues.

Build your own mounts. If you don't have the ability to do so then yes, sell the yota and build an s10 since there is no need to build anything on that swap.

Stangbanger1971 and jetas like this.
  7. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    ^^this

Motor mounts aint hard to build if you got access to the tools. Im honestly contemplating the same swap youre doing but i have a 2nd gen hilux. Im going to hold off untill im ready to bag it since itl already be torn apart so modifying the frame will be easier

Stangbanger1971 likes this.
  8. Stangbanger1971

Stangbanger1971 Member

I can build the mounts as they look very simple. Just wanted a bolt in and go... But ill do what I have to do. Just need to figure out what headers will be the best fit now so I can build mounts around them...

9. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I read somewhere that ram horns or shorties are the best bet

Stangbanger1971 likes this.
  10. Stangbanger1971

Stangbanger1971 Member

Ram horns will work for me. Plenty of flow for my needs and if I did throw the twin turbos on I could just flip them I believe...