76 speakers and stereo

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by loyota76, Jun 10, 2015.

1. loyota76

loyota76 Newbie

Truck:
    76 2wd short bed single cab
    Hey everyone just joined yesterday and already have a bunch of posts up lol, thanks to you all for the help answering my questions. You guys are awesome.
    Anyway my question is I have a 76 and upon cleaning it I found I had a stock speaker in the dash. Does anyone know what size the regular speaker is or what size would fit it? (Want to use stock location) I measured them and they are smaller than 6 x 9, like a 4 x 6 but I haven't found anything on finding replacement ones that fit in the oem spot. I don't mind using any other size as long as it sits flush on the regular mounting spot. I don't wanna run door speakers cuz I plan on shaving any holes made by previous owners and also door panels will be custom and I'd rather not have speakers in them for that clean look. I will compensate with putting a small sub behind the seat, perhaps a bazooka tube.

2. Da_Roach

Da_Roach Toyotaholic

Truck:
    (1) 92 RN80 (1) 2002 RZN150
  3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    I saw one in the JY tecently with the speaker in the dash, looked like a 4x6

4. loyota76

loyota76 Newbie

Truck:
    76 2wd short bed single cab
    Yeah I'll try the site thanks guys. Yeah I measured 4x6 only thing that sucks is the mounting holes for the speaker must be on the same spot for them to fit like stock. I'll probably check if its a brand thing I saw some kickers that might fit. I'll post any updates if I find flush fitting replacements if anyone else comes across this question.