26mm 1ton front sway bar?

Discussion in 'Suspension/Chassis' started by Squeezethis, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Squeezethis

Squeezethis Newbie

Truck:
    88 pickup RWD
    went and picked up a front sway bar and torsion bars from a 94 1 ton toyota pickup today. unfortunately i didn't notice the stamp of the bushing til i got home... says 26. so brought out my calipers, and looks to be a 26mm caliper. and not tried kinda placing it under my truck to kinda match it up... and just looks a bit too long, but i know things can look a bit different with the suspension loaded and what not. but even compared to the pic i see posted by SD YOTA about the 25mm 1ton sway bars... this looks pretty far off, the bar is mostly flat in the mid section.

from what i can gather the 95+ have a 26mm. anybody else know whether this will work b4 i go and take it apart? i'm replacing all the bushings in the front suspension and replacing the torsion bars... so trying to do everything in 1 shot. if not might have to go on with my stock sway bar til i can come up on a 25mm sway bar from a 89-941ton.

Attached Files:

2. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    Only thing I can say is to look at your bar that is mounted currently. Looking at the pic of the 25mm sway bar I bought from ebay. they look completely different and your looks like its really wide. I haven't heard of there being a 26mm front sway bar on a Toyota truck.. Below is the pic of the sway bars I bought.

[​IMG]

3. Squeezethis

Squeezethis Newbie

Truck:
    88 pickup RWD
    yea the dip in that center section is definitely different. looks like i'm missing out. *sigh* egh i'll see what i can do. thx for the reply