22re Pickup condenser upgrade?

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by BatryOpratedBoy, Apr 3, 2018.

1. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    Hey guys, hate to be here but shoot yo I can't find anything definitive, and I've seen a few examples, but details we lackluster so... I have a 1994 pickup... and in this Fresno heat, it's kind lame. I intend on adding a fan but I'm wondering if a 4runner condenser would fit or even improve my air. Now, my truck was originally r12, so I think I'd actually need a 93 4runner piece but meh. Hoping for answers is easier haha. Probably just going to put a few fans and say good enough.

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    I replace all my AC components except the pump, which I flashed with the correct solvent & add the correct oil to change to 134A along with changing the fittings ( a kit),and changed the evaporator which in side the AC box under the dash, the condenser & dryer, also had the hoses made up.
    After which you must vacuum the system & let it hold vacuum for a period than using AC gauges fill the system.
    The vacuum part is very important,as no air can be in the system.
    This must be done if any of the system is replaced!

3. BatryOpratedBoy

BatryOpratedBoy Enthusiast

Truck:
    Brave Little Toaster (Diana) and Salsa Verde (Traction Control)
    OK cool, I've learned to take what you say as gospel, so I'm glad to learn this... But what I'm actually wondering is if the larger condenser unit from the 4runner will make my air blow colder than the stock one that's on my truck.

4. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Not sure. Call a few AC shops & ask if a larger condenser as any effect on the temp.