22r single turbo

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by 84redyota, Jan 4, 2011.

1. 84redyota

84redyota Newbie

i figured a rear mount turbo would be a cheaper way to go i wouldnt have to buy a turbo manifold or **** like that....what fuel upgrades can i do to the truck to make it good for the increase in air

2. drama808

drama808 Member

Truck:
    84 xtra cab, 75 Long Bed, 09 Ruckus
    you're going to want a better carb, fuel pump, and fpr at least.

3. 84redyota

84redyota Newbie

i know weber is a good carb upgrade but what is a good brand for upgrading the fuel pump and fuel pressure regulator

4. toyota21

toyota21 Member

I'd say a holley 2 barrel at least with some little blow through mods. a efi fuel pump with an aeromotive bypass regulator. :shrug:

5. fullsize4wd

fullsize4wd Newbie

Truck:
    1987 Runner
    Turbo stuff

I know this is an old thread but I have been thinks about doing this for a long time.... Subscribed....

I will be doing up a Rock Buggy. Suggestions on a turbo welcome. Some thing fast spooling and some what low boost.

I was thinking 6-8 psi.

I like the intercooler system in the pics on page 2 of this thread interested in more information.

I have also been on the fence about carbs. Need something good with severe angles. I have heard good things about the Harley CV carbs but not sure if they could handle the larger discplacement of the Toy motor compared to the harley motor.

Any info lended appreciated.

6. dillinja666

dillinja666 Toyotaholic

Truck:
    I gots no truck, for now
    haha, with the 2jz's its funny to see guys without the right mods to run crazy high boost then see a couple months later them on the forums looking for a set of rods and pistons cause theirs became squishy :nana: