21 ru

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by loyota76, Jun 11, 2015.

1. loyota76

loyota76 Newbie

Truck:
    76 2wd short bed single cab
    Hey everyone I'm new to the yota world. I just picked up a 76 short bed with a few things upgraded. One thing I saw was it had the 21 ru swap. It has a weber carb the emissions are deleted and it's on an electric fuel pump now. My question is does anyone know about this swap? No negative comments please, it has a pretty good torque feel and the power is certainly more ballsy than a 22re. I don't plan on swapping the motor so if anyone knows anything about this motor that would be helpful. I wanna know what parts are interchangeable as I have plans on possibly building the head so I can throw in an aggressive cam and throw on a nice header. Also I will be getting a lightened flywheel. (Or having mine lightened and balanced). Not building a race car so please no trying to convince me that "dont waste your time the 22re is way better". my last 2 civic motors were cammed and I love the all motor feel I don't like stock so this is just for preference. Once again not trying to build a racecar, my trucks going for an agressive jdm ratrod style mini. Any info is greatly appreciated:)