1993 popping when braking

Discussion in 'Maintenance/Repair' started by Specialdelivery, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Specialdelivery

Specialdelivery Newbie

Hi guys, I've recently came into a small problem with my truck. I deliver pizzas, and I was making my rounds when I noticed the vehicle starting to pull right a bit out of nowhere.

The day went on and I could tell it getting worse, then it decided to start to make a popping noise at the front end whenever a certain amount of pressure was applied to the brakes.

It then got even a step worse and pulls sharply right when applying the brake and then straightens out after the pop.

I think it could be a suspension issue, but I can't pinpoint it... Thought I'd try the forums... So any knowledge or wisdom would truly help, thank you.

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Check the caliper bolts, ball joints, tie rods. Basically everything related. Shit doesnt sound safe by any means.

3. Specialdelivery

Specialdelivery Newbie

Will do... In the morning... Cause if I started jacking up the truck right now, people may start calling thinking I'm stealing the tires. And yeah, trust me, it doesn't sound safe in person.

4. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    My first guess is control arm related, like a busted bushing or a loose camber bolt, but could be any number of things - like said, they're all related/connected and help keep you straight.