1978 hilux aka "mrhanky"

Discussion in '1976-1983 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by mrhanky, Mar 16, 2016.

1. mrhanky

mrhanky Member

Truck:
    1978 Sr5 (RN23)
    Over due update, sorry. I've made some progress, sold some parts (the refurbished tank, shifter, 20r, shifter & console) and bought others (TH400 transmission, LS mounts and various other gaskets and such).

Last I left off, I had showed the LS before tear down. Well I got it tore down to bare block. Block is in great shape, but needs to be align bored/cleaned/need main & cam bearings. It's currently loaded on the trailer and set to be dropped off at the machine shop in the morning.

Attached Files:

2. mrhanky

mrhanky Member

Truck:
    1978 Sr5 (RN23)
    The previous owner said this thing had 200k miles on it when it was pulled. It still had cross hatch and no ring lip. This is after a quick clean up with a flex hone.

Attached Files:

3. mrhanky

mrhanky Member

Truck:
    1978 Sr5 (RN23)
    One of the biggest snags I been trying to figure out was the steering/oil pan clearance. I've been debating on redoing the subframe/steering or trying the expensive gto oil pan. Well gto pan and stock steering will probably be my best bet. Here is a mock up from tonight.

Attached Files:

Sk1dmark likes this.