18R-U Weber adapter

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by srchilux, Jan 29, 2016.

1. srchilux

srchilux Newbie

Hello fellow enthusiast.

I’m struggling with a problem I’m hoping an experienced member can help me with.

I have an 18R-U engine which from research I found to be a Japanese spec engine. I need an adapter plate to go from my intake manifold to my newly purchased weber carb.

I purchased a weber conversion kit from Pierce Manifolds Kit # K744 and it came with adapter #99004.333 this adapter does not match my manifold. I sent Pierce a template of my manifold and still no luck. From my own research I found what appears to be the correct adapter made by Lnyx Kay C PN: KC217 however they are located in Australia.

I turn to the masses here to help me solve this mystery. Surely I’m not the only person in the US to put a Weber on a 18R-U in the US. Am I really going to have to order this from Australia? Also the weber 32/36 linkage is different than what I currently have set up. Any pictures on how it is supposed to look like would be appreciated as well.

Thanks a bunch everyone.

2. dragoon713

dragoon713 Newbie

Truck:
    1974 Hilux long bed
    I bought a kit from redline and it came with two adapter plates and 3 gasket. I redrilled part of the linkage to shift the location a half inch or so. I'll take a picture once I get off work.

3. srchilux

srchilux Newbie

Thanks, I contacted redline about this. Their kit is the same part number, same adapter plate as well.

4. dragoon713

dragoon713 Newbie

Truck:
    1974 Hilux long bed
    Here are the pics of my linkage set up DSC_0058.JPG DSC_0059.JPG

5. srchilux

srchilux Newbie

Thanks for the pictures. Sorry I didn't specify the year. Your linkage is quite different. Mine is a 71.