1 ton new member

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by tiger_blood, Dec 12, 2016.

1. tiger_blood

tiger_blood Newbie

Hello... new to the site. Ive been on this site a number of times and have seen that its pretty helpful to some people given the threads I have read. I hope it does the same for me. Here is a little story about my mini.

I have a 1990 Toyota Pickup short bed. My dad and I purchased it with some slight front end damage. It had been sitting in the back yard of the previous owners home for 3 years and since then he had been taking of some parts bit by bit (alternator, AC, distributor,...). But at the time we purchased it, it still had the "essentials" (complete motor, intake, injectors, transmission (4-speed manual), exhaust, COMPUTER, harness). Basically the missing parts could easily be replaced.

Since it had been sitting for a while, the engine was spitting out smoke once we got it started. We put new rings and machined the head. Started back up with no problems and has passed smog ever since.

At the time I thought that the one ton pickups were limited to the 80's models, but as I started to do some research (on this website) I came to know that we had come across a 1 ton toyota pickup. The 4 speed manual transmission (w46), 4 "large" marks on the rear axles, and the G662 code indicating an 8 inch rear differential were all there.

So far I am happy with the truck and am looking to make some modifications: transmission, suspension (lower), interior seat mod among other things. For now I have a w59 transmission from a t-100 that I will install soon. Hopefully it works out, next I will look to lower the truck. I have read some posts but am still not clear on what suspension setup will provide me with the most comfort. Any help would be appreciated. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

2. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Welcome. Sounds like a sweet truck, I don't see very many 1ton Toyotas on the road anymore these days.

3. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Welcome.....cant wait to see some pics!

4. Tuhd The Troll

Tuhd The Troll Veteran

Truck:
    1982 SR5
    Awesome, welcome to the forum!