ISO 1st gen hilux

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Rynosaur, Mar 17, 2016.

1. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Yup! Especially in SoCal.

Thats why i jumped on buying mine soon as i saw it. Too bad it ended up costing me a lot more to get it driveable

Rynosaur likes this.
  2. Rynosaur

Rynosaur Member

I think I'm just going to have to pull the trigger on one and pay what they want! Wish me luck guys

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Aslong as tge price is worth it to you thats all that matters

Rynosaur likes this.
  4. vandall

vandall Newbie

Truck:
    72 Hilux
    It seems like you can always find good stuff when you aren't ready to buy and then can't find anything when you want it. I got mine in Portland and it was filthy, nasty, had been sitting outside but the guy basically sold for scrap price. The little 18RC fired right up after some fluids were changed and the body cleaned up pretty nice. We did have to replace floorboards and I got the seat recovered, and it now is going to get some real attention. I do need a windshield which has been very difficult to find one nearby.. just a warning, they are cool but the more complete and intact the better you will be. I also think you can find a very nice driver for around $4k, anyone asking $8k or over and it should be mint original condition.

Rynosaur likes this.
  5. Rynosaur

Rynosaur Member

There's a guy in North/central California who claims to have tons of parts for the 1st gen hilux including a windshield. He's trying to sell parts and a hilux for 8k. Maybe you can talk him into selling just a windshield. I tried to get just the truck from him but I didn't have any luck. It's on Craigslist, in Stockton I believe