Newbie here! 72 hilux!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by 6feet, Nov 14, 2017.

1. 6feet

6feet Newbie

Truck:
    1972 hilux n10.
    First and foremost, thank you to everyone out there that has made this forum so great! I've been a long time creeper. I've finally got the truck I've been waiting for. Figured it was time for me to introduce myself, name is Jason, from south central Pennsylvania. I just purchased a early '72 hilux. Being in pa, finding an old Toyota that isn't rusted in half is nearly impossible. I've always owned Toyota's, and I've had a bunch. Mostly 4x4's. Anyway on to the fun part, I was doing my daily Craigslist search and came across a 72 hilux about 4hrs away. Pictures looked good, price was right. So I went and got it.

Early 1972 hilux. All stock, except flatbed. Haven't even had the chance to really tinker with it yet.

Starting with my introduction here! Then hopefully gonna start a build thread. Not sure of what I want to do with the truck yet, I have tons of ideas. Gonna start with getting it to stop... runs and drives pretty good. Just doesn't stop. Anyway, don't want to lose track of just introducing myself!

Hoping others familiar with this generation truck, chime in! And really anyone! I'm a Toyota guy, and hope to keep the truck mostly Toyota.... Thanks again! Can't wait to get to know your trucks better! And I guess get to know you guys... lol.

Enjoy the pics of the truck. Don't mind the mess around it. Lol live in a suburban neighborhood, that doesn't appreciate my junk. So I rent a small concrete pad from a farmer, and it collects my junk. I'm trying to finish some other projects in the next couple weeks, and then I will be bringing the truck home and into a garage.

Hope this was acceptable intro,

Well I'll be adding pictures once I figure out how to downsize them. Hopefully my profile picture works for now!

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Welcome to TM.

Use IMGUR to upload pics. no need to resize

3. Dennis goeden

Dennis goeden Enthusiast

Truck:
    1973 rn22
    welcome to the forum, where in pa , im in youngstown ohio and i have a 73 hilux no rust

4. 6feet

6feet Newbie

Truck:
    1972 hilux n10.
    Thanks I'll have to figure imgur out.

5. 6feet

6feet Newbie

Truck:
    1972 hilux n10.

I'm from York, pa.

6. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    Welcome!

I'd start with basic restoration/drive ability and get it rust proofed.

Then decide what direction to go from there :)

jetas likes this.
  7. redman

redman Enthusiast

Welcome to TM.

I'm from the Mt Holly Springs area. I've been working on a 93 ext. cab for the last three years. Really hope to get it on the road next spring.

8. 6feet

6feet Newbie

Truck:
    1972 hilux n10.
    Awesome! You are close! I have tons of parts from that era. And have some good toyota connections in our area! I'm new to mini trucks. But not Toyota's!! i look forward to meeting you!

9. 6feet

6feet Newbie

Truck:
    1972 hilux n10.

Thanks! Once I get it to my house, I'm gonna start going over it. I know it needs brake work. Problem is I don't wanna dump any money into its current components. After I've been reading on here seems a 75-78 disc brake swap is the most practical. Fingers crossed I can get it stopping safely for now. I really want to take it down the road.. and fall in love all over again.. before tearing it down.. thanks again! Can't wait to get to know everyone here, and learn!

jetas likes this.
  10. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Heads up on the brake swap, on mine (72 second gen) i wasnt able to use the oem front brake lines or even the 75+ lines because they werentoo short. I had to get the 3" extended steel braided lines from LCE