CARiD Replacement Body Panels ie. Replace Brand or Sherman Brand EXPERIENCE / QUALITY

Discussion in 'Exterior/Body' started by Bocks, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    I feel like there aren't many people posting on this forum but here goes anyway:

Does anyone have any experience with these replacement body panels? My truck was hit by an older guy and now I have to fix it after insurance totaled it. For ~$600 to my door I can get all the panels I need and replacement lights for the other side so everything matches. I'd like to use OEM, but they are, for the most part, too expensive for the condition they are in or waaay too expensive for brand new parts. Let me know. Thanks guys,

UPDATE:

I guess this will turn into a formal review as I've bought a new bumper, valence, bumper brackets, hood and grille from CarId. I bought both corner lights for each side from Summit Racing (Dorman brand) and a $45 shipped fender off Amazon. We'll see how it goes..

Follow progress at

https://toyotaminis.com/forum/threads/down-the-rabbit-hole-a-1995-2wd-toyota-pickup.24114/

FullSizeRender (1).jpg

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  2. Live42day90

Live42day90 Enthusiast

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Ive used parts from partsgeek.com pretty decent and you can’t beat the price

3. Justin Danger

Justin Danger Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1986 Toyota Xtra cab SR5 Turbo 22rte
    i have installed sherman brand fenders on both of my trucks, and have a sherman door waiting to go onto my current truck. They worked just fine and dandy.

4. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Thank you for the reply. Still haven't ordered anything yet so if anyone else has any recommendations.

When I buy something I'll be sure to leave a detailed review for future viewers.

5. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

Have you looked into pick and pull yards? Lucky for you the bed didn't get hit, those are almost always beat to hell in wrecker yards, but it's not too hard to find decent front end stuff. Locally I can get a front fender for pickup/4Runners for $35 each.

6. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup

I've taken a look at a few and locally the pickings are slim. For the most part these trucks have all rusted away up here. I should keep calling around, couldn't hurt.

7. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

Ah, rust.
    Glad I live out west. Not really sure what rust is.

8. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    Please don't take it for granted haha

9. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

Oh I don't, I saw a Land Cruiser with Michigan plates yesterday that had so much rust the rear bumper was falling off and the wheel wells were enlarged by 50%.

I thought "never driving to Michigan." And then I realized I would never do that anyway, LOL.

Bocks likes this.
  10. Bocks

Bocks Member

Truck:
    1995 Pickup
    I guess this will turn into a formal review as I've bought a new bumper, valence, bumper brackets, hood and grille from CarId. I bought both corner lights for each side from Summit Racing (Dorman brand) and a $45 shipped fender off Amazon. We'll see how it goes..

11. mutantcolors

mutantcolors Enthusiast

I recently learned later 4Runners of this gen went away from the sealed beam headlights, so I'm gonna track that down. I think it requires the whole fender and grill assembly.

Good eye on the valance, those are hard to find in clean condition.