First toyota truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Victorc, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Victorc

Victorc Newbie

Truck:
    1987 reg cab 22r
    Hello I have recently traded for a 87 toyota reg cab 22r 5-speed truck. I have had mazda b2000s and ford rangers before. I know this is not the thing to say on a toyota truck site. i really don't like the truck for some reason. The truck has driver side front fender damage and a cracked windshield. Front driver wheel in bent. it isn't the factory wheel so it will be a pain to match it to keep current wheels. The exhaust is not in the best of shape and the engine has a tick to it bad on number 4. I know it isnt a rod it is top end. I would like some advise on the truck. I traded a 2003 eclipse gs 2.4l 5 speed for it. The eclipse had problems told the guy i trade to all the problems. we traded then 3 hours later calls wanting to trade back and upon me saying no he admitted rudefully the truck had bad valves. The truck doesn't smoke and i have had it to 70mph on interstate. All previous vehicles i have had with that problem show more signs then just ticking.
    Could it need valve adjustment.

2. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome & yes adjust the valves.:cool:

3. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Valve adjustment will take care of the tick. Hell it might just be he valves tapping the valve cover. Get a new gasket and grommets and adjust the valves and done.

Fender and windshield are replaceable and can be found with minimal effort. As for the wheels, post a pic of what you have. Hell look on craigslist, ive found decent sets of wheels for a very reasonable price

4. Victorc

Victorc Newbie

Truck:
    1987 reg cab 22r
    I havent had a chance to do the valve adjustment yet. Looked at junk yards around me couldn't find a fender any good. Found one on carpart.com new 34 dollars. I call local safelite auto glass and they said windshield and install 197.66 plus tax. I looked on Craigslist for wheels found a few sets just waiting on reply.