1UZ 1990

Discussion in '1989-1995 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by 90DailyDriven, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

This is great! lol good buy!!

2. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    90 standard cab 2wd short bed
    Been busy with the SC since it is my new daily and work on the truck has slowed down but still been on it lately. Lost my phone so I am trying to find what images I have to update the old posts and current progress.
    Trans tunnel is finally done and interior is back in. Now I need it carpeted.
    Welded vband clamps on the exhaust manifolds. This is the passenger side. Had to cut a section out of it to bend it since I was not happy with how close it was to the fuel lines and frame. Also welded shut the old oxygen sensor port since the plug was coming loose. What looks to be a hole is for an allen wrench.
    [​IMG]
    The Sc400's MAF sensor went out so I stole the working one from my truck. Now im having trouble finding a cheap one.

Big brakes for the SC400 from an LS400. Here I was cleaning them for a rebuild.
    [​IMG]
    Used 17" wheels from another Lexus because the old wheels did not clear the bigger brakes. Don't remember what model. I managed to fit all 4 with new tires in the back of my FRS.
    [​IMG]

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  3. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    This is the driver's side exhaust manifold. It was a pain to remove this without removing the motor mounts.
    [​IMG]

And interior shot.
    [​IMG]

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  4. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Nice work.Please post up the caliper swap fabrication work. Nevermind, I thought they were going on the mini.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
  5. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    Yeah sorry the LS400 brake calipers went on the SC400. I do have a pair of 4Runner calipers that are going to go on the truck in the near future.

6. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    Just went through and updated most of the pictures. I am missing quite a bit

7. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    Attached are PDF files of the measurements for a 1UZ mount and the 22R mount. With these i will figure out the distance in the center where i want the engine and welded them in place with a tube in the center. HAVE FUN!
    I have also converted them to an image. You can print these out they are to scale and just lay them over your piece of metal. Change the bolt holes on the 22R to what ever you like.
    1-1.jpg Drawing 1 (1).jpg

Attached Files:

SmollTruck and yotarip like this.
  8. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    Been driving the truck, 1 hour round trips to work. Still need to make the rest of the exhaust since it ends at the rear axle.
    Only issue was the ECU died on me and was fixed with an Ebay replacement. I've also put some KYB camaro shocks up front.

IMG_06741.jpg IMG_06751.jpg

9. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

That looks nice. How hard was it to bleed your clutch man? I’ve been struggling to bleed my clutch for days and I am yet to build but pressure, it seems like fluid ain’t going through at all, even after hours of pumping the pedals fluid barely coming out. The first time I bleed the clutch I used a pressure hose to pump the fluid down the line through the reservoir. Haven’t tried that yet because my compressor is loud AF and I don’t wanna disturb my neighbors. So I bought a different master thinking that would get me by. I’ve replaced the master cylinder multiple times and still nothing‍♂️.

10. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

I had the same problem once. In a rage I grabbed a 3 foot long section of clear vacuum tubing and attached it to the opened bleed valve. I filled the master's reservoir and started the engine. I then attached the other end of the clear vacuum tubing to the small vacuum port on the front of the intake manifold being careful to quickly remove the tubing from the manifold before the fluid reached it.

90DailyDriven and Mr.Mini_4.0 like this.
  11. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Nice install man. Looks like you are using that stretch belt on the alternator. We are using it on Luxsupra's truck too. Works well.

90DailyDriven likes this.
  12. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

That makes sense lol. Am assuming it worked like a charm huh?

13. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Yep. But the best solution is a hand operated vacuum pump for bleeding brakes. I bought a cheap one from harbour freight to bleed my brakes later. will work with the clutch too.

14. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    I spent a couple of days doing the same. I actually pulled the engine and transmission to check the fitting in the bellhousing to make sure they weren't leaking. But they were fine and so I kept pumping for several hours at a time. Eventually there was pressure in the line. Just make sure the reservoir is always full when bleeding the lines.

Mr.Mini_4.0 likes this.
  15. 90DailyDriven

90DailyDriven Veteran

Truck:
    Thanks its been to many long nights in the shop. The belt works great!

16. Mr.Mini_4.0

Mr.Mini_4.0 Enthusiast

Yeah I did that too but it wasn’t the issue. I’ll figure try to us Yotarip’s idea and see if that works for me.