New seats

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by DMC, May 14, 2017.

1. DMC

DMC Member

[​IMG]Here's a pic of what I'm installing. Nissan 370Z seats. Got em' on Craigslist for $150 for the pair. Pretty nice and comfy so far. Unfortunately though, no mounting holes line up. Decided that I didn't want them sitting up too high either, so they're mounted directly to the floor. I know this ain't the safest way, but it is what it is for now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
  2. Tuhd The Troll

Tuhd The Troll Veteran

Truck:
    1982 SR5
    Very nice. I would remove the headrests so it looks more like an old-school bucket seat

3. DMC

DMC Member

Yeah, I was thinking about maybe doing that....might drive around with them on and off and see if I have a preference. Thanks!

4. YOguyDA

YOguyDA Addict

Truck:
    1986 Regular Cab
    You could always reinforce the floor...it would be worth it for safety and cus they look killer!

I'm for headrests ON as well... maybe cus CA drivers suck and I wouldn't want my head slamming into the back window when I get rearended. Whiplash or a broken neck would suck as well!

They look awesome tho! I'll have to keep my eyes open for a set!

Justintheegreat likes this.
  5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Use some big washers or plate the underside to distribute the load

6. DMC

DMC Member

Thanks guys. I got big washers up top and underneath...but definitely gonna look into some more reinforcements as well.

7. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Damn, only $150 for the pair!?!?!? That's like giving them away for free, based on what people in my area want for used seats with visible butt sweat stains!

I did the big washers on two of my previous vehicles for years....but I never got into an accident or anything like that. For a "real fix" I would recommend install some steel plate or flat bar underneath on the exterior of the cab to reinforce everything (since you don't want to increase height)

DMC likes this.
  8. DMC

DMC Member

Appreciate the advice and it's definitely something that I'll look into. Thx