Little or no injector func #3 injector

Discussion in 'Engine/Drivetrain' started by hooiam, Apr 24, 2017.

1. hooiam

hooiam Newbie

Truck:
    1993 Toyota 2wd Pickup, 22re
    I have a problem with what i believe is #3 injector, low pulse or not working at all, here's what I've fixed so far. First the timing chain broke, and at the same time the distributor, and #3 valve got bent. I had the timing chain repaired, then i found out it was skipping , after i did a compression check found the bent valve. I took the head to a machine shop and had them replace and check the rest of the head out. I got it put back together, and now cylinder 3 has a misfire. I changed wires and plugs when i got the new distributor, and checked them again to make sure they weren't the issue. I also did an emmission delete(the truck hasn't had a converter since before I bought it, and they don't do smog testing in Alabama.) I can't find any vacuum leaks. When i unplug #3 injector the truck continues to run the same, like its only 3 cyl. I swaped 3 and 4 injectorsto see if it was a bad # injector, but #3 worked in #4s spot. I also took my multimeter and tested continuity between the ECM and injectors, and took all the loom off the wire harness looking for grounding issues, and nothing there. I don't think it's the coil or ignitor, but they are stupid expensive and I'm tired of throwing money at the problem to not fix it. Would the coil/ignitor cause one injector to cease function? I'm at a standstill for the moment, so I thought I would seek the collective knowledge of them innerwebs, and see if any of you guys might have an idea.

Thanks in advance. Shawn

2. hooiam

hooiam Newbie

Truck:
    1993 Toyota 2wd Pickup, 22re
    Update. Problem solved. The intake rocker arm on #3 was to tight causing the valve to stay open. I readjusted the valves ,runs good now. Thanks for all the help lol.