1969 Hilux wiring harness fried...

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Sneekr1, Nov 23, 2016.

1. Sneekr1

Sneekr1 Newbie

So, my mechanic is saying the wiring harness is totally fried. I'm not sure if its all the wires or the fuse box they run into or what, but he says everything from fuse box to end of wire is fried.

The truck is running, but we haven't tinkered with anything yet for fear of it suddenly not running anymore.

Does anyone know were I can get a new wiring harness? My mechanic has been searching as well but neither of us can find one. There must be some alternate part from another truck that could work, right? Any ideas? Anyone have a 1969 parts Hilux sitting around?

Thanks in advance !

_A

2. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Youre going to have to find one from another truck. There are no replacements out there for these. I had the same issue with my truck, all the wires were fried and i had to use a universal wire harness and wire everything myself

3. Sneekr1

Sneekr1 Newbie

Hmmm think something like this would work?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231573386801?ul_noapp=true

I can't find a part number for the original one so can't compare to the Ebay listing to see if its right or not. I guess I could purchase it and then return it if its wrong.

Did you get something like this for your truck?

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...al_-1_3526&keyword=wiring+harness+-+universal

I'm really not even sure what I'm looking for, so any direction you can point me to is great. Do you have a photo of your rebuilt wire harness I could share with my mechanic?

The truck is running now, just not sure how long it will stay that way.

Thanks!

4. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    The harness on the ebay listing looks like its way too new.

I used a this harness
    https://www.amazon.com/EZ-Wiring-Mini-20-Circuit/dp/B00NO0NYBA

Dont be fooled, a lot of the universal harnesses use the same exact wire colors. Everything is labeled and you should have plenty of wire.

I dont have anything to share as far as a diagram, i used one i got on ebay in a FSM and improvised A LOT mainly to simplify the systems and get rid of redundant runs of wire

5. Sneekr1

Sneekr1 Newbie

Ok, this is totally great info, thank you !

6. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Check my build thread, there may be some pics of the wiring (nothing in depth)