Where does the Glovebox light go?

Discussion in 'Interior/Electronics' started by Orlando Muniz, Oct 26, 2016.

1. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    Just swapped everything from a SR5 91 4runner and need some help on where the glove box light seats at in the glove box.

2. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

I think it's supposed to mount into the bottom of the dash pad above the glove box. I have a 2WD base so there was no where in the dash pad to mount it. But there's a rectangular hole in the glove box portion of the dash where it's supposed to shine through, so I just widened that hole and snapped it in there. Seems to work fine. You just have to unplug it if you take your dash apart again.

3. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    yea the rectangular hole it where the switch goes. My dash is taken apart already, so thats not a problem.... do you have a picture?

4. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

I don't have any right now, (and unfortunately no before pictures) but I'll snag some when I get the chance.
    I've been meaning to take a trip to the salvage yard. I don't know if I'll get the chance this week, but maybe I can take a peek in a 4runner next time I'm there and see how it's supposed to go.

5. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  6. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    yep that helps out alot, i knew i was missing that plastic piece. UGH! thanks a bunch man!!

7. KingBouyah

KingBouyah Member

Oh, man. I had my dash apart last night and I forgot to take a picture of how I did mine. Do you know what I'm talking about, though, just widening that hole on the left side of your glove box?

8. Orlando Muniz

Orlando Muniz Veteran

Truck:
    89 Toyota Pickup
    yea there are 2 rectangular holes one on the left and on the right. the one on the right goes to the switch for the light and the other is where the light goes... the 4runner i had didnt have the holder for the light and it is damn near impossible to find now. I appreciate you looking out thou!