New here. My new 73 hilux

Discussion in 'Pre-1975 Build-Up/Project Threads' started by Leno182, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Leno182

Leno182 Newbie

Hello guys my name is Lorenzo. I recently scored a 73 hilux short bed and am starting to work on it. So far I have pulled out the incorrect bed liner as well as the headache rack. Got it started but the water pump is frozen. So that it my first goal. Although u removed the dealer bumper this afternoon and started pulling the u bolts to add the drop blocks. Anyone know where I can source these? EBay? What fits? Anywho just wanted to introduce myself and my new girl. Hope u guys like her...will post a pic here in a second.

2. Leno182

Leno182 Newbie

First night home

Attached Files:

3. Leno182

Leno182 Newbie

Front

Attached Files:

4. grassfed

grassfed Member

Truck:
    '76 Hilux
    Welcome! Thats a sweet little truck dude! I just got my first one a little while ago, a '76 longbed.

5. jetas

jetas Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    72.5 Hilux
    Id say pepboys but im not sure the U bolts will fit. The ones in the kit were too big for mine. Beefedtaco

6. Leno182

Leno182 Newbie

Awesome dude! Thanks. Id love to see a pic of your mini! done anything to it yet?

grassfed likes this.
  7. Leno182

Leno182 Newbie

Thanks Jetas, I checked out your profile before registering. Awesome little truck! the wiring looked like it was a pain in the A** good job tho! Do you guys know what I can steal the front disks off of for my mini?

8. Leno182

Leno182 Newbie

Believe it or not. I scored the truck for $400 the guy said he could not figure out what was wrong with it. When I got it home I noticed that they wired the coil wrong (hooked all the positive wires to the negative and visa versa. Switched the wiring and she started right up. The water pump is seized on it tho. So gotta fix that first. Any of you know how to take the fan off the front of the pump? does it bolt to the fan clutch or does it spin onto the water pump?

9. grassfed

grassfed Member

Truck:
    '76 Hilux
    I actually dont even have a picture of it yet! haha my camera broke a few months ago so I need to get a new one, or find a charger for my video camera. But I've only had it maybe two weeks at the most so I havent done anything to it yet, I need to test the alternator and see if its bad or if the connector is bad because the charge light is on. Its got a spot of rust eating through the passenger side floorboard right where the cab bolts to the frame rail so I'll need to have my neighbor help me weld a patch in there, other than that its actually in pretty good shape! Once I take care of that charging problem I'll go through and change all fluids, fresh plugs etc. and start daily driving it! I need to do tie rods, ball joints and tires on my little Corolla first though..

Good score for $400 though! I paid $800 for mine and feel pretty good about it haha

10. Leno182

Leno182 Newbie

Nice $800 is a score! I to want to get a corolla (AE86) I have too many projects so this is gonna be a cheap build for the mean time. Although really want disk brakes on her and slammed as low as possible. Thinking 3" blocks in the back. Might remove a leaf or so also. N cut the front springs. Gonna put some wheels I have off if a fox body mustang.

11. TRUCK ACTION

TRUCK ACTION Grand Toyotaholic

Truck:
    88 Extracab,2wd
    Welcome aboard.:cool:

12. infmr2

infmr2 Newbie

Truck:
    i got my blocks from streetacos.com. He does take quite a while though.