Starion Wheels - Whoop whooooop

Discussion in 'Wheels/Tires' started by DMC, Aug 19, 2016.

1. DMC

DMC Member

Just picked up a set last week and dropped them off for refinishing. Got them back today and wanted to share. More to come once the tires get here. Ordered 195/45/16 - 205/45/16.

Fully polished with the inserts repainted dark gray. Backs were repainted dark gray as well.
    *16x7 +18
    *16x8 -10

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2018
    MyYota likes this.
  2. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    [​IMG] Dam brother those are nice!!! Here's nice a full set of 8's
    205/45s
    I would recommend polishing and sealing once a year.

MyYota likes this.
  3. DMC

DMC Member

Thx man.....appreciate it and will do. I'm still on the hunt for 2 more 16x8's though ....but until then, this will work.

4. DMC

DMC Member

Got the tires mounted a while ago, but just getting around to posting the pics. My truck is currently at my Mechanics shop getting a drop kit installed, along with some other things.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

grassfed likes this.
  5. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Nice. I'm running starion 16x9's all around on my 87. Every time I get the thought to sell them, I quickly change my mind after polishing them up.
    [​IMG]
    I just bought some 18x9.5 mesh wheels for the truck and my starions will go into storage for the next toyota project. Never selling them.

6. DMC

DMC Member

Dude....your truck is the reason for me getting mine. Once I saw yours, I had to have one as well. I absolultey love everything you have done to yours, it's really incredible! I'm still trying to find the Volvo rear roof spoiler though that you have, but not having luck with that. Any more info on that as to what year and model Volvo it came off of? And yes I totally agree with you, I'm not letting go of the Starions either, I'll keep them forever. I'm still trying to find another pair of 16x9's or 16x8's but not having luck with that as well. They'll pop up eventually though....just got to be patient. Thanks man, I look forward to keep sharing progress with my ride..... and "thank you" for the inspiration!!!!!!

7. MyYota

MyYota Newbie

I was under the impression that 16 by 8 wheels wouldn't tuck. I'm not very familiar with these toyotas as I just recently got mine. These aren't 4by4 fenders are they? Thanks

8. DMC

DMC Member

Yeah I already know the 16x8 -10 wont tuck, but I'm ok with that. I know they make some 16x8's with a +18 offset(I believe the SHP version), which I'm sure would fit better, but this size is really hard to find. And no on the 4x4 fenders, just the standard fenders. Only took one pic for test fitment, but this is what it looked like and yes there's definitely some poke going on.

[​IMG]

9. MyYota

MyYota Newbie

Ok got it, only reason I asked is because it looks like it's tucking in that truck.

10. Lowtide671

Lowtide671 Enthusiast

Truck:
    88' single cab 2wd
    Ok so with starions your right about the whole 8's having 2 different offsets. Don't know about the whole sph thing or whatever but what I don't know if the wider offset is VERY rare. Standard set will tuck on an 84-88 body style no problem....
    [​IMG]
    I know that Yotarip runs a full set of 9's however his truck isn't as low as mine is.

Looks to me like you have the wider set and if your wanting to tuck is never gonna happen. Your going to have to find different rears. Or put a shorter drop block.....
    Fenders only make a diffrence in the front.
    Oh and if you didn't know. The wheels in the rear sit funny hahaha as in theirs more spacing on one side then the other. You'll see what I mean once it's all mounted...

11. DMC

DMC Member

*Lowtide671 from the looks of your pic, looks as if you have the wider rear fenders? I'm just learning about these trucks, but wasn't there a couple different type's of beds? I'm probably going to have all 4 of my fenders slightly rolled/pulled at some point if possible. And like mentioned, *yotarip is running 16x9's all around and his offset should be an "0" . My 16x8's are -10 and 16x7's +18, these sizes are generally easier to find. From what I've read the 16x9's +0 and 16x8's +18 are harder to come across in those particular sizes.

12. Frinzo

Frinzo Toyotaholic

Truck:
    '86 Std Cab
    For the 84-88 trucks there is 2 differnet main bed styles and 2 different tailgate sfor 1 style.

1 - American bed; has no upper "lip" and is considered the 4x4 bed.

2 - Jap or import bed; has the upper "lip". But this bed can have 2 different tailgates, one with a single center latch and one with a latch on both sides of the bed, this is the 2wd bed, hard to tuck wide rims.

Both beds can have the inner walls, but i have only seen the Jap bed with inner walls have the single tailgate latch, so imo its abit "rare" to find.

Hope this helps.

13. DMC

DMC Member

*Frinzo, thanks for the clarification that helps a lot! I have the import bed with the single center latch(not that it's important) but now I know what I have ;-)

Thanks.

14. jblaust

jblaust Veteran

Truck:
    1994 Pickup Standard Cab Base 22RE Manual
    Anybody have a set of 16x9's for sale that they are willing to ship?

15. MyYota

MyYota Newbie

I own the American type bed, u wouldn't happen to know if the 16by8 with -10 offset starions tuck on these beds?

16. DMC

DMC Member

Finally got them on. 3/4 drop(wanna go 1" lower all the way around though) and currently running 20mm spacers up front.

[​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

twizted1 likes this.
  17. yotarip

yotarip Veteran

Nice! Wish the paint on my truck looked that good. The starions look good.

BTW, that's a good sidewall height on your tires. Don't go any thinner on the tires if you want the starions to survive. The wheels are very light and the lips bend very easily when you hit potholes while running 35/30 series tires and even severely stretched tires.

18. DMC

DMC Member

Thx yotarip. All too familiar with low pro tires....appreciate the heads up though.

19. Perkolator

Perkolator Toyotaholic

Truck:
    1975 Hilux
    Hey just curious....how much did you pay to get those wheels polished and painted for you?
    I've been VERY slowly working on getting a set of wheels polished and I see why people would use a service. The one shop I called that offers wheel polishing said it'd likely be $100-150 each wheel minimum for polishing and I'm still feeling that shock. Is that close to what you paid?

20. DMC

DMC Member

That's exactly what I paid....$500 for everything. My lips were slightly damaged and had lots of curb rash. They were completely repaired, repainted and re-polished. I know it seems like it's costly, but to me it was worth it.